About Us » School History

School History

Reseda High School (now Reseda Charter High) was the first complete high school to be built after World War II in the San Fernando Valley. Reseda opened in the fall of 1955 with complete academic and science buildings, track & field, Industrial shops, including an automotive repair facility. Reseda has a three-color system = Columbia Blue, Navy Blue and White. It is one of few high schools in the San Fernando Valley to have a complete auditorium.

Currently, Reseda Charter High is in the planning stages of a 180+ million dollar renovation which will provide state of the art buildings and innovative design for the benefit of the entire community.