Counseling » Transcripts


Reseda High School and LAUSD Transcripts Information

Reseda High School keeps student records/transcripts for only a few years after graduation. After several years all student records are sent to the main school district for permanent storage. Once student records are sent "downtown" they are no longer available from/at Reseda High School.

Some former graduates want a duplicate copy of their high school diploma to replace a lost or damaged original. If you want or need a copy of your diploma, YOU MUST ORDER A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS FIRST, because transcripts are the actual proof of graduation. If proof of graduation is all you really need, then simply get your transcripts, because a duplicate diploma costs $18.00 plus postage and you must still get transcripts first. Copies of transcripts are much less expensive, only a few dollars, plus postage if necessary.

If you attended Reseda High School between 2000 and the present, simply call Reseda High School, 818-758-3600 and ask for the Counseling Office. You can tell the operator you wish to obtain copies of your transcripts. You may also come to the school during school hours (8am - 3pm) but if you call first, it may speed up the process. Someone in the counseling office will assist you. There is a nominal charge for photocopying and postage usually only a few dollars per copy.

If you want or need a copy of your High School Diploma, contact the school or the district to obtain your transcripts first. After obtaining transcripts, you can order a duplicate diploma from Reseda High, or the high school from where you graduated. LAUSD - Microfilm Unit does not provide duplicate diplomas to former students. They only provide copies of transcripts and related student records.

If you attended Reseda High School 1999 or earlier, please follow these procedures to obtain a transcript:

Please send a written request to:

Attention: Transcript Request
P.O. Box 3307, 9th Floor, Beaudry
Los Angeles, CA 90051

Your request should include:
  1. The correct spelling of your name while attending school
  2. Date of birth
  3. Place of birth
  4. Name of school attended
  5. Date graduated if applicable
  6. Driver's license number or social security number for ID
  7. Check or money order payable to Los Angeles Unified School District
  8. Name of parents
  9. Sign and date the request
There are fees involved in researching and photocopying transcripts or related records from LAUSD. Information regarding costs for transcripts ordered from the school district can be found at Other information such as health records may also be available.

To get more information, go to, and find the Frequently Asked Questions, pull down menu. Pull down the menu to see the "How do I get my High School Transcripts". Click GO, and continue reading and clicking on the information you need. Payment must accompany transcript orders so be sure to check the transcript fee schedule. If you have questions, call Student Records Unit at (213) 241-1080.