Welcome Regents! You're on the College Center homepage. You will find information regarding upcoming college events & deadlines on this page. For more detailed information on a specific subject, please look at the tabs to the right!
Fly In Programs
Regents please scroll down to the bottom of this page and open the FLY IN program PDF.
What is a Fly In Program?
Fly-in programs were created to make visiting an option for interested potential students.
There are several different types of programs that colleges offer. Some colleges will pay for all expenses related with a visit. The opportunities provided can include living in the dorms, attending a class, speaking with an advisor, taking a tour and visiting with student groups.
Current Opportunities for YOU!
Free SAT Course 2017
This is an 8 week course, space is limited!
Please come to the college office for a referral form & a flyer to find out more:
New Family Source Center
21400 Saticoy St.
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Money Skills for Teens
UCLA Extension is offering a three week workshop designed specifically to help teens develop strong money management skills.
For details please see attachment
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Location: A-2 College Office
Note: Ms.Marquez will not be available
COLLEGE PREVIEW DAYS/ OPEN HOUSES
Seton Hall University
Location: 400 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ 07079
Deadlines: Early Action 1- November 15, Early Action 2- December 15, Regular Decision 1- February 1, Regular Decision 2- March 1
Open House Events: October 15, November 19, February 18, April 22
California State University, Chico
Chico Preview Day!
When: Saturday, October 21
Address: California State University, Chico
Chico, California 95929-0722
Senior to Do List Fall 2017
- Meet your college counselor
- Turn in your free-lunch application to qualify for fee waivers www.myschoolapps.com
- Log on to Schoology at https://www.schoology.com/ !
- Register at www.fastweb.com and other websites to receive scholarship opportunities
- Register for August, September and/or October ACT www.act.org
- Register for October and/or November SAT www.collegeboard.org
- Register for Subject Tests (if required or recommended)
- Inform your parents/guardians that you will need a copy of their 2016 Income Tax Returns to complete your financial aid application (FAFSA)
- Register for a FSA ID and submit FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Oct. 1- March 2)
- Meet your guidance counselor to check credits, GPA, and college eligibility
- Retake classes where a “D” or “F” was earned (adult school, community college for certain classes)
- Attend college visits when representatives are on campus (check College Office)
- Make a list of schools that you will apply for admissions & gather information about each campus – use www.collegedata.com or www.collegeboard.org
- Fill out the College organization sheet (down below)
- Begin asking teachers and counselors for letters of recommendation for private colleges (give at least 3 weeks’ notice for letters)
- If applying to private colleges you must open a folder with Ms. Marquez in the college office. Deadline to open a folder is September 15th!
- Work on & finish INSIGHT QUESTIONS for the UCs and any other required college essays